Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gesture drawing






Here are a couple quick gesture drawings. I wanted to show my process in creating an image from references. After finding an image, I first try to find the line of action. The line of action in this baseball batter is a diagonal line from the player's head to foot, as drawn in red in the third image. After laying down that line, I find the point of focus. In this image, the baseball seems to be the focal point, with the player's leg, arms, and eyes all directed towards the baseball, shown in the second image. After finding these key components, I began to draw the figure, starting with shapes, and adding details later. During this time, I try to push and pull some of the character's features. With a little bit of color, the image finally comes to life.

No comments: