Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another style...


I was inspired by my assignment in experimental drawing class (creating an image with only paper) to experiment more with layering and texture, however through digital painting. I approached this piece as if I were only allowed to use paper and paint, except I had to create it all digitally in Photoshop. By using textured paint brushes and blocking in colored forms, I mimicked actual paint strokes and collage. This was a test piece for this particular style. I find it quite appealing and plan on experimenting more with it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this may be my favorite one yet! It's adorable!

Chris Lanier said...

Cody -- this is extremely charming stuff. I especially like the tree branch. This sort of style is definitely worth pursuing -- nice to see your artwork "loosening up" even outside of the looser style you're using for your animation.